- Opens up new “portable navigation” market with the 1st portable AIS transponder
- Applications include charter and delivery skippers, pilots, tenders and back up for main systems
- Can be utilised as AIS/GPS receive only
- Powered via USB – connect to PC, USB outlet or USB battery pack for power
- Wireless interface for iPad, tablet or PC/MAC
- Built in high performance GPS
- Supplied with portable VHF antenna with sucker cup mount
- Can be used as AIS receiver only (if no MMSI programmed) or if silent mode selected
- Programmable via PC, Mac and app
- Choose your favourite charting and AIS app!
It addresses the needs of so many boaters who want a portable yet sophisticated navigation solution with AIS and GPS and the ability to interface with tablets, PCs and smart phones. It appeals to charter skippers, professional mariners like delivery skippers and pilots as well as boat owners who don’t want the hassle or cost of installing a dedicated transponder and like the concept of easy iPad and tablet navigation using their favourite charting apps with a detailed AIS overlay and real time GPS positioning. As a full function Class B transponder, it also sends you boat position to other AIS users.
It incorporates an innovative USB power solution allowing the Nomad to be powered from any standard USB source. This can include low cost, 3rd party battery packs, a USB PC connection or 12V USB adaptors/cigarette lighter adaptors. The GPS is built in and Nomad ships with a compact, 25cm external VHF antenna with sucker cup mount. It can also connect to any regular VHF antenna.
WiFi and USB interfaces are standard and there are a wide range of free and premium compatible apps for iOS, Android, PC and MAC. The wifi connection allows up to 7 tablets or iPads to connect. Now works with the popular Navionics Boating App for Apple iOS and Android to display GPS and AIS data on your Navionics charts.