GMDSS Survival Craft 2-Way VHF Radio.
The IC-GM1600E Marine VHF handheld has been designed for GMDSS compliant survival craft communications. The radio is engineered to survive and function in the extreme environmental conditions common in marine emergencies and brings the latest Search and Rescue technology to the marketplace.
Meets strict environmental requirements for GMDSS survival craft radio. The IC-GM1600E meets 'Wheel mark', MED certification - Since 1999, SOLAS (Safety Of Life At Sea) has set the international standards for life rafts and their emergency equipment. Icom's IC-GM1600E is the latest and most advanced handheld to meet these rigid standards including built-in GMDSS technology. The IC-GM1600E meets temperature, thermal shock, vibration and drop resistant (from 1 m height) requirements.
- High Capacity BP-324 Lithium Battery Pack
- The BP-234 provides up to 8 hours operation even at minus 20 degrees C
- Tough, Waterproof Construction
- The IC-GM1600E is waterproof to IP-X7 specifications. It features a new, 'Speed Water Removal' function that quickly sheds water from the speaker system, assuring you sharp, clear communications even in the worst conditions
- Large keypad with positive button action for easy operation while wearing gloves
All knobs are sized for quick operation and the large, well-labelled buttons feature a positive action 'feel' with a programmable beep tone for sure operation
- Wide viewing angle LCD display
- The IC-GM1600E's high intensity LCD read out offers high-contrast, wide angle readability with 4 levels of contrast and 3 levels of backlighting. There are new, bright, LED indicators for easy recognition in all types of weather / lighting conditions
- Easy to operate, even for an unskilled operator
- Operation instructions are printed on the rear panel. All operations can be made with one hand
- Highly visible yellow coloured body
- The IC-GM1600E's shock-resistant housing is constructed of a brightly coloured dye-injected polymer assuring this essential piece of emergency equipment will always be easy to find, in a survival bag, in a life raft, and in a pinch
- Optional VOX headset
- You can use the optional HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97* with OPC-1392 headset adapter cable. The IC-M90E has VOX (Voice Operated Transmit) capability for hands-free operation. Both, the VOX gain and VOX delay time are adjustable. Microphone gain setting allows you to set the appropriate microphone gain each for the VOX headset, speaker microphone and internal microphone, respectively**
- In the Box
- BP-252 Li-Ion Battery
- BC-173 desktop charger
- Charger adapter
- MB-103 belt clip
* Headsets, HS-94, HS-95 and HS-97 and OPC-1392 are not waterproof
** These settings are programmable from cloning software