This book is aimed at those running shorebased, sail and motor cruising courses within the RYA Yachtmaster Scheme. Principals and instructors alike will benefit from the guidance and information on recognition, communication, coaching/instructing techniques and course planning.
Those new to the scheme can find out how to qualify as instructors for practical and shorebased courses. The guidance provided within this book is intended to assist instructors and examiners in ensuring they do all they can to meet the high standards expected of them, not only of the RYA but also by their students.
- RYA Instructor Code of Conduct
- Coaching and Instructing Techniques
- RYA Cruising, Yachtmaster and Instructor
- Organising Practical Courses
- Qualification of Instructors for Teaching
- Shorebased Courses
- The Organisation and Conduct of Offshore Exams