Tested by Team AkzoNobel and Dongfeng Race Team, the new Isotak X range represents the pinnacle of ocean racing gear and features Zhik’s latest patent pending innovations. The Isotak® X range features our multilayer composite membrane fabric proved to be 4X more waterproof durable than the market leading ePTFE ocean fabric. All garments have been engineered to have reduced seams reducing weight, maximising flexibility and increasing durability. Going into the Volvo Ocean Race, we found that ocean gear by and large lacked the ability to adapt to different weather and conditions, meaning that crews would have to carry extra gear, or compromise on the performance of their gear. We found that safety and performance was compromised as sailors experienced inhibited central and peripheral vision from protective hoods and peaks, often resulting in a “letterbox” field of view. Uncomfortable, sticky and tight latex seals that wear down too quickly. Ocean gear needed to be safer, perform better, and be more versatile and more durable.
Developed to provide a high level of protection while enhancing the sailor’s field of vision, Hydrovison® is our new hood visor, made from a rigid & anti-fogging clear polycarbonate which provides unprecedented peripheral vision and protection. The Hydrovision® visor greatly reduces the “letterboxing” effect of traditional hoods, providing at least double the amount of vertical vision, while increasing the protection against the large amounts of water that smash directly into the face. The visor can also be unzipped and swapped out with other Zhik visor types. Patent Pending.With conditions capable of varying from one extreme to the other on a single leg, having versatile clothing is a big advantage. Our new Zhik Adaptive™ hood & collar system allows collars to be interchanged depending on those changing weather conditions. This advantage enables crews to carry one smock with different hoods that are adaptable to all expected conditions, meaning less weight on the boat, and faster, easier gear changes when required. Patent Pending.
Our newly developed proprietary neck and wrist Reziseals™ are made from a highly stretcheable, soft and tear resistant textile and polyurethane composite material that offers unprecedented comfort with long-term resistance to degradation. Patent Pending.Biomotion reflective detailing highlights key points of the human anatomy, enabling greater visual recognition of crew members & allowing them to judge movement and direction in low light conditions. This grants valuable split seconds of response time in cases of emergency.
ZHIK ADAPTIVE™ SYSTEM
- Our new interchangeable hoods allow versatility like never before
- Anti-fogging and rigid visor that gives unparalleled vision
- New super soft & durable composite seal design in wrists and neck
- Strategically placed reflectors allow easy recognition of body movement
- In side pockets and collar provides fast drying warmth and comfort
QUICK STOW HOOD
- PFD compatible hood lets you raise & lower hood quickly with one hand
LONG LENGTH REAR
- Longer length rear panels in the garments for added protection
- Highly durable YKK® zippers throughout
- In key locations for easy access & storage of important belongings
- Provide high visibility in low light conditions
- 1000D Cordura® in knee & rear panels protects high wear areas
INNER NEOPRENE WAIST SKIRT
- To prevent water flushes